Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back to Blogging

With a little friendly nudging from my dear sister in law, i am finally paying the much needed attention to my blog. You will have to forgive me for taking so long to continue my rantings about life with my disesase... I was gone for a week in Tennesse to see some close friends graduate, and since my return, my health has been a bit of a challenge.

For the past 2 1/2 weeks the pain that i worked so dearly to keep away has returned... Its been a roller coaster trying to keep myself going, and all i want to do is give up. It seems as though, no matter what i try, the aches and pains are more prominent than ever. Today its my hands, elbows, and the most wicked sore neck imaginable. Unfortunately the Vicodin that once eased the pain, now merely has the effect of a single dose of tylenol. I have decided the "grin and bear it" theory works best for me now...

Being a 22 year old, RN, has been so much different than i had imagined. Unable to work, constant pain, and the want to stay home, rather than be out with friends.. wasnt the idea i had run through my mind on those final stressful days of college. Yes, plans have changed, my have they changed. Unfortunately, throwing a pity party for myself wont make the circumstances better either...

 So here's to another day... Aching from head to toe, but fighting to move on despite it. :-) And hoping each tomorrow is just a little bit better!

2 comments:

  1. I like your attitude. When we cannot change our circumstances but we can always change how we handle them. Continuing to think of you.

    ReplyDelete